As one of the most successful recruitment agencies in Surrey, On Track Recruitment know that if you’ve been searching for a job for quite some time, it can feel only natural to jump at the chance when an offer is presented to you… but a “beggars can’t be choosers” attitude can often cause more problems in the long run, for both the employee and employer, with a lot of wasted time on everyone’s hands.
Some may argue that when factoring in wages and experience, there’s never a good reason to turn down a job offer, but this simply isn’t true!
In fact, there are many reasonable grounds for declining offers received, including the following:
- The proposed salary is not enough to support your current needs (and negotiation has proved fruitless)
- There is little to no possibility for career progression
- After the interview, you feel that you may not be a good fit for the company
- The role offered to you is different from the one you applied for, either due to misinformation, or being offered as a “consolation prize” from the initial role being filled
- You’ve received a better offer from another company
- You haven’t been given concrete information that you need to help make your decision (for example, pay, start times, status of current employees, etc.)
- The company has a suspiciously high turnover rate